Why use a Local Real Estate Agent to sell your Home in Barrie Ontario
If you are considering putting your home on the market in Barrie Ontario, you may be wondering if you should sell it by owner or use a real estate agent. There are many benefits to using a real estate agent over selling it yourself, even though the agent will receive commission which means less in your pocket at closing.
The reasons to choose a local real estate agent include:
- They stay up to date on the real estate market in not only Barrie but in your own community, neighborhood and right down to your street. In order to know the price tag to put on your property, you must know what other homes in the area sold for that had similar features and amenities. The neighbor may have just sold their home for $200,000, so you think you should be able to receive the same amount. This figure could be way too low or too high according to the various features of both homes. The market looks at not only the square footage, bedrooms, bathrooms, but any other upgraded features such as awnings, pool, new carpet, upgraded bathrooms, etc… when they determine the price for a home. A real estate agent will have this information and help you decide on a selling price for your home.
- Real estate agents are also helping families find homes to buy. This is a wonderful resource as they already have a list of people looking to buy, if they have a potential buyer looking for a home with your features, your home can sell very quickly.
- Contact with other real estate agents allows your home to quickly be found by other real estate agents through word of mouth and via the internet due to multi listings. By putting you in the multi listing in Barrie Ontario, every real estate agent and many potential buyers will have the information about your home shortly after you put it up for sale with a real estate agent.
- Negotiation is always a huge part of selling your home. The buyers may want a few things fixed, carpet cleaned, or several other things. With a real estate agent by your side, they will negotiate on your behalf to ensure that you are still getting fair market value for your home even if you have to spend a few dollars to buy a bathroom faucet.
- Once you have both agreed on everything it will be time to write up the final agreement. Your real estate agent will handle all the necessary paperwork and details including termite reports, inspections, and making closing arrangements with the closing attorney, title company, and escrow company.
A Barrie Ontario real estate agent can help you make the decision and ensure your home sells without all the hassles.